Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Little Joshua’s Really Sick

Energy Drink of the Day:  A Starbucks Grande Mocha Frappuccino

When I got home last night, I immediately went to look for Joshua to feel his forehead, and he was indeed HOT to the touch.  Took his temperature and turns out he had a fever, 39.1degC to be exact.  This got me worried coz the fever was a bit high, so we gave him paracetamol and asked yaya to give him lots of fluids.

 Joshua was masungit last night and he didn’t want to play at all.  He just wanted to cuddle and have me or yaya to carry him.  I guess he really wasn’t feeling very well.  He has several molars coming out of his gums as well, so maybe that’s why he had a fever.  He also didn’t sleep after waking up at 2am.  But this morning, the fever was gone and at least he was smiling.  I told yaya to continue monitoring his temperature and if he develops a fever again, to give him medicine and fluids.  I missed my happy and playful Joshua last night.  You really don’t realize what you have until you lose it, even for just a day.  I’m glad that he’s back to his happy self and playing with Kenji again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment