Friday, March 12, 2010

Caffeine....It's a Good Thing

Energy Drink of the Day: A Starbucks Grande Iced White Chocolate Mocha, plus a slice of banana loaf

Galing talaga ng Starbucks magbenta!  I got suckered into buying one of their cups while lining up yesterday to buy my drink.  I got one of those cups that look like their plastic cups, with matching green straw for P450.00.  It’s reusable and washable.  The barista told me that if I bring my own cup, I get a discount of P5.00 automatically.  How many drinks do I have to buy to recover my P450.00?  90 cups!  Haha….I guess it’s my small way of helping save the planet since I won’t be throwing away plastic cups everyday.    Consuelo de bobo kung baga.  I’ll post a photo of the cup one of these days.

 I think I’m turning into a caffeine junkie!  I’ve been getting a drink of coffee at least 3 times a week since I gave birth to Kenji.  And it has to be a Grande or Large size drink.  It started out as me having to stay awake while at work and having to get up several times during the night to pump (only nursing moms would understand this).  I was able to redeem a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf planner for drinking X amounts of cups and I even bought a their Swirl card so I can get a P5 discount for every drink that I get.

At first I was worried that I might be passing on the caffeine to Kenji thru my breast milk, but after some research, I found out that 1-2 cups a day of coffee is ok and won’t affect my son.  So I gave in to my weakness and thus started an expensive, but delicious habit.  Now if only my dentist would approve of the coffee stains that I get on my teeth from the coffee, I would be so much happier!  J

No comments:

Post a Comment