Thursday, September 23, 2010

Review: Suesh

I recently landed on a website of Suesh Singapore and inquired about purchasing a set of their makeup brushes. I was lucky enough to be forwarded to their Manila showroom and website @ suesh.com. After browsing through the site, I found out that they offered makeup workshops every Saturdays and I quickly signed up so that I can avail of their discounts when I purchase their brushes.

My workshop was scheduled last September 4th, and I am happy that I signed up for it. The workshop is held at Suesh's showroom along Wilson Street (which is really near where I lived) and usually held on Saturdays. I know they also have a morning session, but I was able to squeeze into their afternoon session from 1:00pm - 4:00pm.

Anyways, on that particular day, I was really excited and left work at about 12:30pm after having my lunch at Starbucks. I was only surprised by the traffic along Wilson Street so I arrived about 5 minutes late into the workshop. When I went into the showroom, I was pleasantly surprised by the decor of the place. It was really small, but filled with little knick-knacks and makeup products, from brushes to sponges to makeups to cases. It was like entering into a woman's beauty boudoir. They also cater to a lot of professional makeup artists (well, this is based on the customers I saw who dropped by to purchase bags and luggages of makeup tools). And in the center was the heart of the showroom, a table where workshops are usually held for a group of 5-6 people.

The workshop I attended was headed by Suzzane Tan, who is the chief makeup artist for Kanebo. She was very nice in answering all of our questions and very accommodating in looking over our work. The workshop was very hands-on so we got the chance to paint our own faces. There was an introductory "lesson" on basic skin care and brush care, before we moved on to how we can put on makeup for both daytime and night time. Too bad I wasn't able to take pictures of my 2 looks but I enjoyed myself a lot. I learned a lot. I learned that it shouldn't be that hard to care for our skin. We really do need to moisturize and apply sunscreen everyday. It also gave me the confidence to apply makeup on myself and I realized that I can be more adventurous in experimenting with different looks and bolder colors. And finally, I realize the owning a good set of makeup brushes does make a difference with the way you put on your makeup!

I got the 12 piece Purple Edition for my Suesh makeup brushes and it includes the following:

  1. Powder Brush 
  2. Blush Brush 
  3. Foundation brush 
  4. Big eyeshadow brush 
  5. Small eyeshadow brush 
  6. Eye definer brush 
  7. Bullet brush 
  8. Thick eyeliner brush 
  9. Lipbrush 
  10. Thin eyeliner brush 
  11. Mascara brush 
  12. Brow comb + the pouch 
As you can see the set is already complete for any amateur makeup users and relatively inexpensive. I am very happy with my purchase, as the bristles are really soft and no itchiness for me here. The brushes don't shed as well and handles really well.

Since I became a fan, I've moved on to purchasing other products from them and so far, I'm very pleased with them. Here's what I've gotten from them:

  • Professional Makeup Remover - no cloudy vision and really takes out my make-up, even mascara. 
  • Eyelash Curler "Curl-lash" - even better than Shu's and only P300, enough said 
  • Kabuki Brush with holder - super soft bristles, good for applying powder and sometimes blush 
  • Parian Spirit - the best brush cleaner I've ever gotten. I used to just use shampoo or alcohol on my brushes, but after doing this to my new set of brushes and I dipped them into this cleaner, more makeup came off and it dried really fast. They say it will also make your brushes last longer. 
Anyway, that's all for now...keep on SUESH-ing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment