Monday, January 30, 2012

I'll Miss You Cous...

Last week, my family lost a special girl.  It was so sudden, so unexpected, and I guess that's why it hurts more.  

Sheilah was my aunt's 2nd child.  We weren't as close as other cousins were, but I still remember her as the little girl playing with all of her siblings.  She was very quiet, very poised and very loving.  I only saw her during family gatherings like our grandma's party or Christmas parties.  And the last time we had a long talk was before she was planning to leave for Singapore and she wanted to ask for some tips about the place, as I worked there for a couple of years before, too.  But she was very mature and ready for the move, so I knew she would be fine.

She was  supposed to come home for her wedding last December 18th, and I was really looking forward to seeing her in her beautiful gown.  She even got my boy to be one of her ring bearers.  But a few weeks before she was about to come home, she got really sick, and never recovered. 
She was a good friend, a loyal fiance, but I knew her best as a loving sister and daughter.  From her friends, I also gather that she had a strong faith in God.  She definitely left a void in our hearts.   

We'll miss you Sheilah Marie.  Rest in peace and watch over us while you enjoy God's Heaven.  

No comments:

Post a Comment