Friday, January 27, 2012

Happiness with...my latest beauty finds

I seldom blog about my beauty discoveries as I'm fairly new with my love affair with make-up.  But these two items below are really amazing and are worth writing home about!

First is Body Shop's Extra Virgin Mineral Compact Foundation in Natural Vanilla (202).  I'm already on my second compact.  It comes with a synthetic brush for application.  It's very creamy in consistency, easy to apply and very natural in finish.  No chalky appearance here.  Coverage is sheer to medium, so I'm able to cover the redness (rosacea) in my skin.  Best of all, I didn't break out in this.  Package says it has SPF 15, but I still apply sunscreen below this to be sure.  Staying power is also good.  It can last the whole day for me, with just some application of pressed powder in the middle of the day.   

Body Shop's Compact Foundation
Now this second one is my latest find...and it's pure L-O-V-E.  I've never heard of this brand before, but while walking around Powerplant Mall, I passed by The Beauty Bar and saw their new window poster on Koh Gen Doh.  I'm a very curious person, so off I went to scour the internet and do a little research on the brand.  It's actually a Japanese brand and you can visit their website here. The science behind the foundation is the use of deep sea waters which include minerals and nutrients that are easily absorbed by the skin.  You can read more about it here.
Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation
After reading all the glowing reviews on the Aqua Foundation, I took the plunge and splurged on this holy bottle.  It's Php 2750 at The Beauty Bar, which really sounds so indulgent, but I just couldn't resist.  There's only 4 shades available at the moment, and I picked BE-1 for my skin tone.  It comes in a beautiful glass pump bottle, which I really like.  Coverage for the Aqua Foundation is sheer to light.  But by golly, it's like my skin but sooo much better!  I get a dewy, glowy, but not oily finish when I wear this.  It also feels very lightweight on my skin.  Staying power is good, it can last me the whole day with very minimal touch ups/powdering.  Mind you, I have oily and sensitive skin.  Since I've only had this for a couple of week, I'm not sure yet if it will break me out.  But so far, so good.  


After this experience, I'm looking at trying out their Cleansing Water as a makeup remover as I've read some good reviews on it as well.  


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment