Monday, November 8, 2010

Happy Birthday, my dear Kenji

My dear Kenji,

Today marks a very special day for you because you turn a year old. Has it really been a year? It seems like your dad and I just brought you home from the hospital. And your ahiya was at home eagerly waiting for all of us so that he can finally meet you. After talking to you and caressing you through my tummy, we could finally touch you and hold you in our arms.

So many milestones during your first year...your first tooth, the first time you laughed out loud, the first time you smiled at me, the first time you sat up on your own, your first step, the first time you tried calling us. All these firsts...and you still continue to amaze us everyday.

Yesterday, we celebrated your birthday by having you baptized in church. We had your godparents welcome you into God's family and we had a small party. All our close family and friends were there to celebrate it with you. You got a lot of gifts...toys, clothes, etc. Daddy also ordered up a feast and we had cupcakes and cakes for everybody!

Kenji, as little as you are now, I see in you a strong determination and independent streak. Your innocent antics continue to surprise me and make me laugh out loud. My wish is that you use this to your advantage. I know that you are not mine to keep. And everyday, as you grow bigger and stronger, the more that I have to let you go. But know that your dad and I will do our best to guide you and teach you. So that you grow up to be a good man. Know that we always have the best intentions for you and we always want what's best for you.

Thank you for coming into my life. You have taught me the virtues of patience and kindness. You have taught me that everyone is different, but that no matter how different we are, we all just want to be loved and accepted. And thank you for teaching me what unconditional love and boundless joy are. You and your brother are truly the light of my life.

Happy birthday my little one. What a wonderful world this is, because I have you in my life.











No comments:

Post a Comment